RIFLE BUILDER GUIDE
– All barrels are 1:8 twist.
– .223 barrels have a 1/2″ x 28tpi thread
– .300 BLK barrels have a 5/8″ x 24tpi thread
– .223 WYLDE has the same chamber angling as the standard 5.56 chamber so there’s no problem with pressure. It has a .2240 free bore diameter and is known for extreme accuracy. It is slightly “looser” than .223 REM but helps us with extraction. It is best to shoot .223 REM with our rifles.
– 14″ .223 light profile is 678 grams.
– 14″ .223 heavy profile is 942 grams.
– 16″ .223 light profile is 744 grams.
– 16″ .223 heavy profile is 970 grams.
– 20″ .223 available only in heavy profile is 1088 grams.
– 14″ .300 BLK light profile is 640 grams.
– 14″ .300 BLK heavy profile is 826 grams.
– 16″ .300 BLK light profile is 750 grams.
– 16″ .300 BLK heavy profile is 904 grams.
2.) FLASH HIDER
– Flash hider can be cerakoted on request. We run the military type with the solid bottom to reduce dust kicking up when firing from the prone position.
3.) UPPER RECEIVER
– MLOK standing for ‘Modular Lock’ is a free-licensed firearm rail interface system patented by Magpul industry. Designed in 2007 and allows for picatinney rail sections to be fixed to the receiver.
– KEYMOD is the VLTOR equivalent to MLOK and has an ingenious self-aligning design. However, there may be less options on the open market supporting KEYMOD.
– Both these mounting systems allow for a slimmer, lighter, smoother and more fenestrated fore-end.
– Which is better? It’s subjective! Different people will give you different answers. They both do their job extremely well.
– US military A2 grip had god-knows how much time and money spent developing it. It has stood the test of time and is still a very comfortable grip. Because of the sheer quantity made it is probably the cheapest grip you can get.
– Magpul MOE grip is Magpul’s proprietry grip. As with all Magpul products it is extremely well-made and liked by the shooting fraternity. It is more expensive than the A2.
– Which is better? Again, it is subjective. The only point I would make is that I feel the A2 suits slightly smaller hands. But, again, it is very subjective.
– Magpul MOE Mag-480 fixed stock. The length is the equivalent of the middle setting on the military adjustable stock. We run Milspec buffer tubes for those that wish to swap it out at a later date.
– A2 fixed stock is the traditional US military type stock for the M16. These feel a little heavier than the Magpul MOE. Customers that choose this stock do so more from an aesthetic point of view. Again this is subjective.
6.) TRIGGER GUARD
– Standard trigger guard is the traditional M16/AR15 type. It is a straight piece of aluminium and cheap to produce due to the quantities made.
– Magpul enhanced trigger guard is made with a dip in it to allow the shooter to wear gloves and comfortably fit the trigger finger inside the guard.
– Our selector arms are carbon-fibre printed: extremely strong, but light.
– 90 degree LEFT: allows the right-handed shooter to manipulate the selector lever on the left-hand side of the rifle with their right thumb, while keeping their master hand (right) on the pistol grip
– 90 degree RIGHT: allows the left-handed shooter to manipulate the selector lever on the right-hand side of the rifle with their left thumb, while keeping their master hand (left) on the pistol grip.
– 65 degree LEFT: allows the right-handed shooter to manipulate the selector lever on the left-hand side of the rifle with their right thumb, while keeping their master hand (right) on the pistol grip.
– 65 degree RIGHT: allows the left-handed shooter to manipulate the selector lever on the right-hand side of the rifle with their left thumb, while keeping their master hand (left) on the pistol grip.
– 90 degree AMBIDEXTROUS: this has a lever on both sides. You can nominate if the rifle is for a left or right-handed shooter and we will put a slightly shorter lever on one side. The shorter lever stops interference with the trigger finger.
– 65 degree AMBIDEXTROUS: this has a lever on both sides. You can nominate if the rifle is for a left or right-handed shooter and we will put a slightly shorter lever on one side. The shorter lever stops interference with the trigger finger.
8.) LHC & RHC
– LHC variations merely refer to cerakote colour. This can match your upper type or any other component.
– Typically the right-handed shooter would use the LH charging handle. However, when prone or doing bench-rest shooting the right hand charging handle makes life easier.- Right-hand charging handle is an optional extra. I would say this is a must for a left-handed shooter. However, this is subjective.
– When purchased with the rifle, unless asked, the Case Deflector is removed as the rifle cannot be operated with both the case deflector and right hand charging handle in place.
9.) MAGAZINE RELEASE
– Standard magazine release is operated on the right-hand side by the RH shooters trigger finger.
– Ambidextrous magazine release can be operated from either side. Really only useful when changing mags left-handed.
– ASC Aluminium x 10-round magazine, has the ability to be cerakoted any colour. Seems to be a little “snappier” in the rifle when doing magazine changes, like original Colt mags.
– Magpul PMag x 10-round magazine is the tried and tested Magpul proprietry product. Available in black and FDE.
11.) BACK-UP SIGHTS
– Sights are an optional extra as most people use this rifle with scopes.
– These back-up sights are just that. They are okay as that but the rear aperture is quite large so would not be useful for long-range. However, if your rifle is dropped and the scope breaks then there is no need to trudge back to base, you can continue shooting with the back-ups.
SORD Dynamic Sling
– Designed to adjust and fit easily to any weapon system in both a two-point and single-point configuration.
– Utilises HK Snap Hooks.
– Lightweight sling allows the operator to move dynamically with a high range of available adjustment, thanks to its specially designed free floating shoulder pad that maintains its position with or without armour while enabling the sling to rotate and flow freely around the operator’s body as they transition through complex terrain and positions.
– True TWO point and ONE point sling.
– Simple one hand adjustment for length.
– Plastic hardware has been used in favour of aircraft / climbing / amphibious situations where, in case of the operator being snagged by the rifle, the plastic hardware should fail under extreme stresses as opposed to steel.
– Colour matched materials.
– HK Snap Hook elastic sound dampening loops
– Available in 1/2″ x 28tpi or 5/8″ x 24tpi. These can be used on the .223 and .300 BLK.
– ASC or PMag 10 x rounds. PMag available in black or FDE. ASC available in grey, cerakote FDE or Olive Drab.
13.) SHIPPING REGION
Simply select the closest city or regional center to you.
14.) DEALERSHIP OR PICK-UP FROM WARWICKS (PTA arranged by Warwicks).
– For interstate and customers not wanting to collect from Warwicks a dealership will need to be nominated to facilitate the transfer.
– If you would like to collect your rifle direct from Warwicks, we will need to process a permit to acquire for you. This involves an administration fee of $22.50.